Our Mojito Mint Lime tea adds flavour and reduces the amount of oil needed in the vinaigrette for this strawberry and spinach salad.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) - boiling water
- 2 Mojito Mint Lime tea bags
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) - each lime juice and honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) - white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) - minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) - each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) - canola oil
- 10 cups (2.5 L) - baby spinach leaves
- 3 cups (750 mL) - sliced strawberries
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) - thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) - lightly packed fresh mint leaves (optional)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) - toasted sliced almonds
- Pour the boiling water over the teabags; steep for 5 minutes. Squeeze the teabags well before removing. Discard.
- Whisk the tea with the lime juice, honey, vinegar, ginger, salt, and pepper. Whisk in the oil until combined. (Dressing can be prepared and reserved, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.)
- Toss the spinach with strawberries, onion, mint (if using) and dressing until well coated. Sprinkle with almonds just before serving.
- To toast the almonds, spread them out on a dry skillet set over medium-low heat. Stir occasionally until golden and fragrant.
Per serving (1/6th recipe): 184 calories, 11 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 264 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrates, 4 g fibre, 11 g sugars, 3 g protein. Excellent source of vitamin A and vitamin C.