Effective February 28, 2018
2. Information We Collect
We may collect two types of information from you: (i) information that you voluntarily and knowingly supply to us (e.g., through a registration process, sign-ups, or other interaction with the Site); and (ii) information that is derived through automated tracking mechanisms.
3. Voluntary Information
4. Information Collected Using Cookies and Other Web Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, Tata Consumer may automatically collect certain technical information, such as the type of Internet browser or computer system you are using or your IP address (a number assigned to your computer when you browse the Internet), the date and time of your access to the Site, and your browsing actions and patterns. The information we collect using these technical tools is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize repeat visitors to the Site for analytical purposes.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services. You may be able to “opt out” of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology by managing them on your own equipment, browser, or mobile device. However, if you decide not to accept such tracking technology from us or from our third-party vendor’s or partner’s cookies, your ability to use some features on our website may be impaired.
5. How We Use Your Information
If we collect information from you, we may use the information to improve our Site, our services, and your experience with our Site, as well as our products and services. For example, we might use information collected from you for any of the following purposes:
- to communicate with you about our products and services and those of our subsidiaries, affiliates, and parent companies that may be of interest to you.
- to register you for, or notify you that you are a winner of, a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion.
- to respond to your queries and requests.
- to assist you with managing your account and passwords.
- to process product orders submitted by you, communicate with you about the orders, and process payments and refunds.
- to undertake, with your consent, any other promotional activities such as providing information about special events.
- to build our contact database.
- for internal market analysis, such as identification of trends and measuring the amount of traffic to our Site.
- to provide you with effective customer service and/or technical support.
- to improve the design of our Site.
- deliver target advertising and coupons.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have industry standard measures in place to safeguard and secure information and data we collect through the Site. However, it is important that you understand that due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, no website or database is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that the information you submit through the Site or the information stored on the Site or our servers, will be completely free from unauthorized access by third parties.
7. External Links
8. Children’s Online Privacy
This Site is not intended to attract or be used by children under the age of thirteen (13). Tata Consumer recognizes the sensitivity of personal information and does not knowingly solicit personal information from or market to anyone under thirteen (13) years of age. If you are under thirteen (13) years of age you may not use this Site and should not provide any information about yourself through this Site. Tata Consumer is committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations regarding the collection and use of information from children. Tata Consumer encourages all parents and guardians to instruct their children in the safe and responsible use of their personal information while using the Internet. Please be aware that there are parental control tools available online that can be used to prevent children from submitting information online without parental permission or from accessing material that is harmful to minors. If you believe that we received information from a child under the age of thirteen (13) or other person protected by law, please notify us immediately by postal mail addressed to [Tata Consumer Products Canada, Consumer Services Department, 10 Carlson Court, Suite 700, Etobicoke Ontario, M9W 6L2] or by email at [TetleyConsumerServices@tataconsumer.com] and we will take reasonable steps to delete such information from our database.
10. Contacting Us
11. Governing Law