The intense peach flavour of our Bellini Sorbet makes this dessert an elegant end to any summer meal.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 9 hours
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 8 Bellini Peach Orange tea bags
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 peach, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) raspberries
- Pour the water into a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Stir in sugar and salt.
- Add the tea bags and remove from heat.
- Steep, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the tea bags to release as much liquid as possible and discard.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Pour into a 9-inch (2.5 L) square metal baking pan.
- Freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- Break into chunks and transfer to a food processor.
- Purée until smooth.
- Scrape into an airtight container.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- For a mint Bellini sorbet, use 6 Bellini Peach Orange tea bags and 2 Pure Peppermint tea bags.
- As an alternative to using a metal baking pan to store the sorbet, you can also pour the mixture into a standard ice cube tray which produces easy to handle frozen cubes for puréeing.
- Can be prepared and stored in the freezer for up to 1 week.
Per serving: 149 calories, 0 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 18 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrates, 1.5 g fibre, 35 g sugars, 0.5 g protein.