Classic chicken noodle soup infused with Thai flavours for a comforting and tasty soup.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
- 4 Care Lemon Ginger tea bags
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Thai green curry paste
- 6 cups (1.5 L) sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) coconut milk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fish sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) egg noodles
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded cooked chicken
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- Melt coconut oil in large saucepan set over medium heat; cook onion, celery, carrots, and garlic for about 3 minutes or until onion starts to soften.
- Stir in curry paste and cook for about 3 minutes or until fragrant and vegetables are coated.
- Stir in broth, coconut milk, fish sauce, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; add tea bags and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove tea bags.
- Stir in noodles and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and rice wine vinegar; simmer for about 2 minutes or until noodles are tender and chicken is heated through.
- Spoon into bowls and garnish with cilantro.
- For gluten-free soup, add broken pieces of rice noodles.