Make bubble tea at home with steeped tea, simple syrup, and black tapioca pearls (boba).
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 4 Clarity Blueberry Ginseng tea bags
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) black tapioca pearls (boba)
- Milk, sweetened condensed milk or almond milk (optional)
- 1 cup (250 mL) ice
- Simple Syrup:
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- Steep tea bags in 3 cups (750 mL) boiling water for 3 minutes. Remove tea bags and let cool. Refrigerate until cold.
- Simple Syrup: In saucepan, bring sugar and water to boil over medium heat; boil for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Let cool and set aside.
- Divide steeped tea between two tall glasses. Add 1/4 cup (60 mL) black tapioca pearls (boba) and 2 tbsp (30 mL) simple syrup to each glass. (Refrigerate remaining syrup in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.)
- For milky bubble tea, add desired amount of milk, sweetened condensed milk, or almond milk. Top with ice.
- Purchase ready to use black tapioca pearls (boba) online or in specialty stores.
- To make your own boba, bring 3 cups (750 mL) water to boil over medium-high heat. Stir in 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried black tapioca pearls. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-18 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 15 minutes. Add boba to simple syrup and let cool.
- Increase recipe as desired. Make bubble tea at home with steeped tea, simple syrup, and black tapioca pearls (boba).