These cool and refreshing blueberry green tea pops are a nutritious alternative to store-bought.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 6 hours 10 minutes
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) water
- 4 Pure Green Tea tea bags
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain, fat-free
- Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) blueberries
- Pour water into a large saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Add the tea bags and remove from heat.
- Steep, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Carefully squeeze the tea bags to release as much liquid as possible. Discard.
- Stir in the sugar until dissolved.
- Cool completely.
- Combine tea mixture with yogurt and blueberries in a blender.
- Pulse 3-5 times just until mixture is combined and blueberries are coarsely chopped.
- Pour into ice pop molds.
- Freeze for 6 hours or until set.
- Place the tips of the molds under running hot water for 10 seconds to help release the ice pops.
- If you don’t have molds, use small paper cups, and insert wooden sticks or paper straws as handles.
- Prepare the ice pops using our Naturally Decaffeinated Green Tea to make them kid friendly.
Per serving: 75 calories, 0 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 13 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrates, 0.5 g fibre, 16 g sugars, 2.5 g protein.