Breakfast Bliss Apple Pie Overnight Oats
This easy breakfast is perfect for busy weekdays. Prep your oats the night before for a healthful, delicious, and quick morning meal.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes (+ 8 hours 30 minutes standing time)
- 6 Super Herbal Antiox Tea - Apple, Cinnamon & Turmeric tea bags
- 4 cups (1 L) soy milk
- 2 cups (500 mL) large-flake oats
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) maple syrup, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chia seeds
- 3/4 tsp (3 mL) ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 red apples, cored and diced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- In saucepan set over medium heat, warm soy milk for 6-8 minutes or until steaming and small bubbles form around edge of pan. Remove from heat. Add tea bags; steep for 8-10 minutes or until well flavoured. Remove tea bags and discard. Let cool completely.
- Stir together soymilk tea, oats, 4 tbsp (60 mL) maple syrup, chia seeds and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cinnamon until combined. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Add butter to small saucepan set over medium heat and allow butter to melt. Add apples and cook for 3-5 minutes or until softened. Add remaining maple syrup, cinnamon, and lemon juice; cook for 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Divide oat mixture among 4 serving bowls. Top evenly with apples.
- Sprinkle with chopped toasted pecans if desired.