Spiced just right, these sweet mixed nuts are a perfect snack. But be warned, they’re very addictive!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Total time: 2 hours
- 4 Chai Tea tea bags
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) water
- 3 cups (750 L) mixed nuts such as almonds, pecans, peanuts, cashews, and hazelnuts
- 1 tsp (5 mL) kosher salt
- Open tea bags and remove leaves. Set aside. Heat sugar and water in a 12-inch (30 cm) skillet set over medium heat. Cook, stirring and swirling pan occasionally for 3-5 minutes or until sugar melts and mixture boils.
- Add nuts, tea, and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes or until nuts are well coated and pan is completely dry.
- Spoon onto baking sheet lined with parchment. Cool completely.
- This recipe makes the perfect holiday and hostess gift.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Per serving: 251 calories, 17 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrates, 3 g fibre, 12.5 g sugar, 6 g protein.