Warm up with this spiced holiday-time classic using our Chai Tea!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes (+ 10 minutes standing time)
- 4 Chai Tea tea bags
- 4 cups (1 L) coconut milk
- 4 oz (125 g) bittersweet chocolate chips
- 5 tbsp (75 mL) cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) honey
- Coconut whipped cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) toasted coconut flakes
- In saucepan set over medium heat, warm coconut milk for 8-10 minutes or until steaming and small bubbles form around edge of pan.
- Remove from heat. Add tea bags. Steep for 8-10 minutes or until well flavoured. Remove tea bags and discard.
- Stir in chocolate chips, cocoa powder, and honey for 3-5 minutes or until smooth and melted.
- Divide tea mixture evenly among 4 mugs or latte glasses. Top with coconut whipped cream and toasted coconut flakes.
- For a dairy-free alternative, use vegan chocolate chips if desired.
- Coconut whipped cream can be found beside regular cans of whipped cream in the dairy section of most major grocery stores.