Earl Grey Panna Cotta
Infused with our fragrant Earl Grey Tea and a hint of lemon, this easy and elegant custard is rich and velvety smooth.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 6 hours
- 2 cups (500 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 2% milk, divided
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 6 Earl Grey Tea tea bags
- 1 lemon (peel only) about 2-inches (5 cm) long
- 1 pkg (7g) unflavoured gelatin powder
- Heat cream, half of the milk, and sugar in a saucepan. Set over medium heat until the mixture starts to simmer around the edges of the pan.
- Add tea bags and lemon peel.
- Remove from heat.
- Steep, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the gelatin over the remaining milk and let stand for 5 minutes or until gelatin has softened.
- Carefully squeeze the tea bags to release as much liquid as possible. Discard along with lemon peel.
- Stir in gelatin mixture. Whisk until dissolved.
- Strain through coffee filter or cheesecloth.
- Divide the mixture among 4 teacups, ramekins, or small dome-shaped bowls.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6 hours or until set.
- Garnish panna cotta with berries and serve with a shortbread cookie.
- Panna cottas can be made up to 3 days in advance and kept chilled until ready to serve.
Per serving: 40 calories, 40 g fat, 165 mg cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrates, 0 g fibre, 14 g sugar, 3.5 g protein.