Give yourself a daily boost of the goodness using our Pure Green Tea. Loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, this refreshing smoothie keeps your cravings at bay.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Total time: 2 hours
Serves: 3 (750 ml total)
- 2 cups (500 mL) honeydew melon chunks
- 2 Pure Green Tea tea bags
- 1 cup (250 mL) boiling water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) honey (optional)
- Arrange the honeydew on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place in the freezer until frozen; transfer to a re-sealable freezer bag. (Melon can be stored in the freezer for up to 1 month.)
- Meanwhile, steep the tea bags in boiling water for 5 minutes. Discard the bags. Cool the tea to room temperature.
- Combine the frozen honeydew, tea, yogurt, and honey (if using) in a blender and purée until very smooth. Serve immediately.
- Make this smoothie anytime you like by freezing extra melon in advance and portioning into separate, re-sealable freezer bags.
- Experiment with other combinations of our teas and fruit for equally delicious smoothies such as Chai Tea with frozen cantaloupe, and Bellini Peach Orange Tea with a frozen tropical fruit medley.
Per serving (1 1/2 cups/375 mL): 124 calories, 2 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrates, 2 g fibre, 22 g sugars, 3 g protein. Excellent source of vitamin C.