A delicious and power packed smoothie with the goodness of green tea. Make a large batch of tea and keep it in the fridge for a quick and healthy smoothie.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 5 Pure Green Tea tea bags
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) almond milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) packed spinach leaves
- 3 cups (750 mL) frozen peach slices
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) honey
- Pour the water into a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add the tea bags and remove from heat. Steep, covered, for 5 minutes. Carefully squeeze the tea bags to release as much liquid as possible. Discard. Cool completely.
- Place tea, almond milk, and spinach in a blender. Purée until smooth. Add peach, avocado and honey. Purée until very smooth. Serve immediately.
- Substitute mango for the peaches if desired.
- Avocados contain more potassium than bananas and they’re also loaded with healthy fats, protein, and dietary fibre.
Per serving: 166 calories, 6.5 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrates, 4.5 g fibre, 22 g sugars, 5 g protein.