This classic drink with a twist is sure to become a favourite during the holiday season!
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes (+ 2 hours 10 minutes standing time)
Serves: 4 to 6
- 4 Earl Grey Vanilla Tea tea bags
- 4 cups (1 L) oat milk
- 4 eggs, divided
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground ginger
- Fresh nutmeg
- In small saucepan set over medium, heat oat milk for 6-8 minutes, or until steaming and small bubbles form around edge of pan.
- Remove from heat. Add tea bags. Cover and steep for about 10 minutes or until well flavoured. Remove tea bags and discard.
- Using electric mixer, beat egg yolks and 1/4 cup (60 mL) sugar until thickened and lightened in colour. Gradually beat in oat milk mixture until combined. Stir in cinnamon and ginger.
- In separate, clean bowl, beat egg whites with remaining sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold into egg yolk mixture until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Divide among serving cups. Garnish with sprinkle of nutmeg.
- Cut down on prep time by using store-bought eggnog if desired.