A light and healthy alternate to your favourite pasta, this spiralized zucchini with grilled salmon and a tangy tea dressing is a wholesome meal.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 Pure Peppermint Tea tea bag
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper, divided
- 4 centre-cut salmon fillets (each 5 oz/150 g)
- 2 medium zucchinis (about 1 lb/500 g)
- 4 cups (1 L) baby arugula
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- Steep tea bag in 1/3 cup (75 mL) boiling water for 3 minutes. Remove tea bag and let cool.
- Whisk together steeped tea, olive oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper; set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat and grease grate well. Sprinkle salmon with remaining salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium; grill salmon for about 5 minutes per side or until salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, trim ends of zucchinis and cut into thirds. Place spiralizer on smooth surface and secure according to directions. Using desired blade in spiralizer, turn zucchini into long strands, trimming with clean kitchen shears as needed. In bowl, combine zucchini, arugula, and 2 tbsp (30 mL) parsley.
- Toss with dressing.
- Divide zucchini and arugula salad evenly among 4 plates. Top each with salmon fillet. Sprinkle with remaining parsley