We’ve updated the classic creamy rice pudding using our Vanilla Bean Chai Tea for a quick and simple dessert.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- 3 cups (750 mL) 2% milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 8 Vanilla Bean Chai Tea tea bags
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) basmati rice
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely chopped mango
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped unsalted pistachios
- Pour milk and cream into a medium saucepan set over medium heat. Bring to a simmer.
- Add tea bags.
- Remove from heat.
- Steep, covered, for 5-8 minutes.
- Carefully squeeze the tea bags to release as much liquid as possible. Discard.
- Stir in rice, sugar, and salt; bring to a simmer.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring often, for 30-35 minutes or until rice is soft and very tender.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Divide among 4 dishes.
- Garnish with mango and pistachios.
- This recipe is just as delicious with when you use our Warmth Cinnamon Spice Tea and Chai Tea.
- If desired, use long grain white rice instead of basmati.
Per serving: 325 calories, 25 g fat, 90 mg cholesterol, 181 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrates, 2 g fibre, 32 g sugar, 10 g protein.