Warmth Oatmeal Bowl
With warm cinnamon and orange notes, this tea-steeped oatmeal is a comforting way to start your day.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 2 cups (500 mL) milk
- 6 Warmth Cinnamon Spice Tea tea bags
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) large flaked oats
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sliced natural almonds
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dried cranberries
- Pour water and milk into a medium saucepan set over medium heat. Bring to a simmer.
- Add tea bags.
- Remove from heat.
- Steep, covered, for 5-8 minutes.
- Carefully squeeze the tea bags to release as much liquid as possible. Discard.
- Stir in oats and salt.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes or until oats are tender.
- Stir in maple syrup.
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until thick.
- Divide among 4 bowls.
- Garnish with almonds and cranberries.
- This oatmeal is just as delicious with our Vanilla Bean Chai tea.
- Use any combination of dried fruits and nuts.
Per serving: 279 calories, 7 g fat, 6 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrates, 4.5 g fibre, 25 g sugar, 9 g protein.